where we take care of the carers
Join in the conversation, connect with other Carers and access the information you need to support you in your role as a Carer, no matter what time of day.
Access to Information
Access to support, Advice and more
Our online Support Groups are a safe space for Carers to connect regardless of geographical distance, to share their common experiences and provide each other with understanding, encouragement and advice.
Easy User Guide
When you create an account on Carer-Connect you can connect with other Carers at any time of the day and access information that will help you as a Carer.
- To create your own account click ‘Create Account’ or ‘Sign-Up’ on the homepage.
- Fill in your e-mail address, confirm your e-mail address and the enter the password you would like to use.
- Type in your first name, last name and choose your profile handle. This is the name that will identify you if you are tagged in a post and is individual to you. You can use your first name or a nickname. If your chosen handle isn’t accepted another member is using that one. Please choose another, perhaps by adding the first initial of your surname at the end of your name.
- Select the type of Carer you are. Adult Carer (you are an adult caring for an adult), Parent Carer (you care for a child or your child who is over 18), Supporter (you are supporting a Carer or have been a Carer), Volunteer, Team Member (Work for Carer Support South Lakes), Service Provider (provides a service to Carers)
- Confirm if you are under or over 18 and the area that you live in.
- Please read the terms of service and tick the box.
- Click ‘Create Account’
Carer-Connect has been developed by Carer Support South Lakes to bring unpaid Carers together.
This safe and moderated online forum is for Carers of all ages, with a range of groups including ones for adult and parent Carers and those caring for loved ones with dementia and autism.
It is a place where people can seek individual support from Carers with experience and the charity’s support workers. There are also wellbeing activities, such as yoga and mindfulness sessions, and carers can contribute to campaigns that help inform statutory services.
If you are an unpaid Carer, supporting an unpaid Carer or would like to know more about the work that we do please do create an account and join in the conversation.
what can we do for you?
Access assessments, guidance and key information.
Relevant first hand advice and coping strategies.
Connect with other members individually.
Coffee mornings, quizzes and so much more!
Connect with others in similar situations.
Answers to your questions, practical advice.